Because your privacy is important to us, www.keetro.com (“Keetro”) has created this privacy statement (the “Statement”) in order to explain to you, the user of the website, how your information is secured, collected and used, and also our commitment to the protection of your privacy. The collection, use and share of personal information is done in order to help Keetro work and keep it safe. This policy is subject to change from time to time and as a result you should check back periodically. Any significant changes will be followed by e-mail notifications to you. If you have any concerns please contact us, or if you downright refuse to abide by the policy you are required stop using Keetro and its services.
Information posted on Keetro is publicly available to the classifieds nature of the website. By choosing to provide information on Keetro, you automatically consent to the collection, use, disclosure of your personal information and to the transfer and storage of that information. Please do not post Content on Keetro if you wish the information to be private. The following is the general personal information we will collect:
- Address, city, state/province, and the URL of your web site, email address, phone numbers, although only fields that are marked with an asterisk (*) on the registration field are required, and also (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information (including credit card and billing information);
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from Keetro and ad data (all through cookies - steps can be taken to disable the cookies on your browser although this is will likely affect your ability to use the site);
- other information, including standard web log information, users’ Internet Protocol (IP) address, timestamp.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. The email address is needed for sending confirmation emails, and authentication purposes among others, and also to establish a connection with the third party that might be interested in your offer/want. Web logs help diagnose problems with our server, ease the administration and provision of Keetro and its services. You are not required to supply any personal information to view Content on Keetro, although this changes once you choose to post Content. Once you register, you are no longer required to re-enter your information to use Keetro and its services and are no longer anonymous to Keetro by having a username.
If you wish not to receive any cookies from Keetro, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies or refuse all cookies by turning them off, although these actions could affect your experience with Keetro by blocking some of its essential features.
- Offering certain features available only with cookies activated
- Identifying and labeling all ads under the “New” section since your last visit to the site;
- Identifying you and maintaining your signed-in status (if you choose to do so);
- Enabling you to add ads to the “Favorites’ section that you wish to view at a later time;
- Third-party advertising companies are present on Keetro and serve ads when you visit our website; these companies may use information (not any of the following: your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about the visits you make to Keetro and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you based on that information.
Personal information is used primarily to create a customized experience for you, the user, on our website. With the use of your personal information, Keetro:
- provides its services;
- understands its customers’ responses, needs and preferences
- encourages safe trading while enforcing its policies;
- resolves disputes, collects fees, and troubleshoots problems;
- tracks, confirms and fulfills purchases;
- customizes, measures, and improves user experience and its services, content, and advertising;
- administers promotions, surveys, reward programs and other services;
- manages its business.
Other things to consider:
- All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after being deleted from the website, and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Keetro does not sell, rent, or trade in any form user’s personal information to third parties without the user’s explicit permission. Keetro may need to disclose information about its users under special circumstances such as if it is required to do so by law, in order to enforce its policies, respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties, protect anyone’s rights, safety, or property, or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
Certain features of Keetro, including but not limited to video uploads, are outsourced to partner sites. If you wish to access these features, your registration information will be submitted to the relevant partner site in order to open an account on your behalf. This new account is necessary to manage content posted by your account on Keetro, as such content will be managed off-site.
Access, Modification, and Deletion
At any time, you can see, modify or erase most of your information by reviewing and modifying your posting, by clicking on the link provided to you through e-mail, if you do not have an account, or by going to “My Listings” if you have created an account. You can also modify some of your personal information on your user profile, if you have an account, by going to “Account Info”. Keetro deletes personal information when there is no longer need for it. We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and up to date. Once you have logged onto the system during a given session, wherever you go on the website, your information will stay with you until or unless you click on the "Logoff" button. If you have already registered and you have lost or forgotten your password, you may obtain it by email by using our "Forgot Password" feature. Click the button on any login page to request your password to be emailed to you; this is the sole mean we can provide your password in this case.